Before I launch into this post I’d just like to say I’ve removed the 14 day cap from comments.  I’m not sure why it was there, really, other than I likely set that a long time ago and forgot about it.  Anyway…

So today marked the first day back to Curves.  After my phlegm debacle yesterday I decided not to wear my Curves smart tag.  I’m supposed to be easing back into this workout stuff not pretending last week never happened (or the past month in terms of running).  I also didn’t really want to screw up my stats on the tag as I fear it would encourage me to slack off longer in the hopes of retaining easy workouts.  Those of you who don’t go to Curves and use the smart tag likely have no idea what I’m going on about but that’s ok.  Suffice it to say that, had I used my tag, the tag would have lowered my goals for me and I likely wouldn’t have pushed past those goals anytime in the near future.  I’m lazy, I admit it.  I didn’t get fat by eating well and being hyperactive!

As I didn’t work yesterday, this morning gave me a horrible reminder of having recently moved to daylight savings time.  Quarter to five in the morning felt incredibly early today and it didn’t take me long realize my body recognized it as quarter to four.  Ugh.  However, being a rational person pays off sometimes.  Even when I don’t go to Curves, I wake up at 5am.  Why?  Well, I like to get to work really early and get things done before everyone else gets there.  There’s no waiting in line for the copy machines, no students to come in and distract me, no coworkers looking for someone’s ear to talk off.  I might very well be in a social minority of people who dislike chit chatting at work.  I honestly don’t know how these other people do it.  I have so much to do and I’m constantly busy.  When I’m at work, I work… end of story… wait… what was I talking about?  Oh yeah… 5 am.  So, I wanted to go back to sleep but realized within about 5 seconds going back to sleep isn’t a real answer due to there only really being a 15 minute difference.

So I got up.

I drove to Curves.

I completed the circuit.

I can’t say I worked overly hard but I also can’t say I felt the greatest.  I got a twinge of nausea about halfway through and stepped it down a notch.  Again, I could tell I’m not 100% well yet as my heart rate was all over the place and higher than usual by far.  It wasn’t the most fun I’ve ever had, but it wasn’t terrible either.  I’ll try to step it up another notch on Thursday morning.

And the aftermath of today and yesterday?  OMG I’m sore!  It’s been so long since I’ve been stiff and sore I don’t quite know what to make of it!  I’m also feeling a bit more chipper, nothing like those endorphins to perk ya right up!  Hopefully this will curb the appetite for various bad foods I’ve been having lately.

Only time will tell.  At least I haven’t come away from either of these experiences saying “never again!”